Welcome Westgate Child Center Parents!
Our parents will find
pertinent Center information here.
- Summer session begins Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Please review the parent handbook for Center information as it pertains to Parents.
Reminder: Monthly tuition is due on the 1st of each month. The Bi-Monthly tuition payments are due on the 1st
and 15th of each month. A fine of $15.00 will be added on payment not made within 5 days they are due.
Ths information is our current year school closures for holidays and staff work days
Westgate Child Center Lunches:
Daily Lunches are supplied by the Fairfax County Public Schools system. When Kent Gardens Elementary is on
spring break or has unscheduled closings (example: weather or power outages), children will need to bring lunch. Please
visit the Fairfax County Public Schools system website for unscheduled closings as well as school break information.
Note: The following links may open in a different browser window.
Fairfax County Public Schools Calendar
Fairfax County Public Schools Emergency Announcements
In general, the Center will follow the Federal Government in matters of opening or closing for inclement weather or other emergency situations. Parents are urged to listen to local television and radio broadcasts to determine the Federal Government’s status on days when snow, ice, or other adverse conditions may affect the normal work day. In addition, the message on Westgate's phone system will be updated with accurate information on our operational status, and e-mail notification will be sent out as soon as possible.
The following guidelines will apply:
- When Federal agencies are closed due to inclement weather or emergencies, WESTGATE WILL BE CLOSED.
- When Federal agencies are open under a delayed arrival policy, or open under an unscheduled leave policy, WESTGATE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO OPEN & CLOSE ON TIME. However, the Director, at her/his discretion, may elect to open the Center late, close early, or not open the Center at all, if conditions are deemed too hazardous to permit a minimum number of staff to travel safely to the Center.
- When Federal agencies announce early dismissal, WESTGATE WILL CLOSE ONE HOUR AFTER THE GOVERNMENT CLOSES. Parents will be sent an e-mail advising of the early closure, and they will be urged to pick-up as soon as possible within that hour, or to make alternate arrangements for pick-up. We need written (and signed) permission to release a child to anyone other than a parent or designated guardian.
- Due to licensing & health department regulations, as well as safety concerns, Westgate will be closed whenever power is out and/or hot water is unavailable on site.
In general, the opening/closing status of Fairfax County schools does not affect Westgate's status. But, on days when Fairfax County schools are closed due to weather, parents will need to pack a lunch for their child at Westgate (our caterer is the Fairfax County school system, so we do not receive lunch if the schools are closed). On days when schools open late/close early, buses will operate to & from Westgate, albeit on a different time schedule.
Westgate will make every effort to open and close on time, but closures, late openings, and early closings are subject to the discretion of the Director.